April 3, 2013

Kitchen Renovations....

We moved into our new house the end of October, after searching high and low for a home. We spent over 2 months in an apartment in temporary housing, and I was getting pretty anxious about finding a house. I had had enough of temp housing with a toddler and a dog. So when we finally found "our" house, I was ecstatic!!

But, it needed some love. The kitchen had seen better days.....Much better days. So I have been working hard on researching and finding new appliances, countertops, paint colors, basically everything for our kitchen. I have never done this before so it was a little overwhelming trying to find what I liked, and of course the best deal.  We needed to make our money go as far as it possibly could.

It has taken several phases to get the kitchen I want and we are almost there! We have spent weeks under construction, and I can't wait for it to be finished! It is hard entertaining a toddler when a major section of the house is off limits  because it is torn up.

Here are the before pics.













I know it is hard to tell from the pictures, but the walls were a Robin's egg blue color. The tiles on the countertops were chipped and cracked. The microwave and the oven looked as if a bomb had gone off inside. I did't get that many pics because I just wanted to be out with the old and in with the new.

I am excited to show you the finished kitchen next week!








2 comments:

  1. I love the before after reno pictures, I cannot wait to see what you have done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are few things better than a brand new kitchen. What fun! Your old kitchen reminds me of one of my college Morgantown apartments. ;) We need a new kitchen badly.... but can't decide if we just want to move instead!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!!!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila